Friday, April 6, 2012

Troy-Bilt Rototiller

It seems awful early to me but we are getting started on this years gardens. We will put in stuff like peas and onions first. Ann wants a spot for some Jerusalem artichocks too. First step of course was getting out our 16 year old Troy-Bilt rototiller. I changed the oil, put on a new belt, air filter, and spark plug. All right, ready to go. It is pull start. I pulled. And I pulled, and I pulled some more. No go. Oh, Oh, didn't drain out the gas last fall.Off to the hardware store to get some carb cleaner. Had to remove the carb, clean the float bowl which was full of gunk, spray out the jets and put it all back in place. Thankfully it started on the third pull after that. It is still not quite up to snuff but it ran good enough for me to get a good size patch gone over. Ann is putting in some flax for linen fiber this year and that needs to go in soon so I guess that will be my job tomorrow. Before I can start on that I have to get my new bee hives set in place and my bear fence around them. Guess it will be a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment